Parent Council and Helpful Parental Information
Parent Councils can:
- Provide a voice for parents, in schools and in their local authority, on issues that are important to them and their children
- Help the school to understand how to most effectively involve parents in their children's learning and in the life of the school
- Support the school and Headteacher in developing strong home/school partnerships
- Support the school in its development and improvement, and in understanding and making links with the wider community
- Capture the unique and varied skills, interests, knowledge and experience that parents can offer
November 2019 - Meeting held to discuss ND secondary consultation
January 2020 - Meeting held to update Parent Council on general updates, school improvements and HMIe feedback (awaiting publication).
Since March 2020 our Parent Council are meeting using online tools to support the ongoing work of the school - please contact the school email address for details of contacts for individual year groups or to make contact with the Chair of the Parent Council.
Did you know?
People often ask where does the money that we raise go? What happens to it? We spend it on your children, giving them experiences they may not otherwise get.
- The Pantomime costs just under £1000
- Buses to take children on trips cost anywhere from £60 for a 12 seater mini bus, to over £200 for a bigger bus
- We don't charge for Christmas parties and prizes for events held throughout the year
Proposal to Establish a new Non-Denominational Secondary School at Winchburgh
and Associated Proposals.
Please see the attached flyer for further information from this valuable parent service.